Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"I'm Often Asked..."

Why does this seem so hard when it was easy yesterday in the car?
How long is this gonna take?
Do I sound ridiculous?
Was that "right"?

It probably sounded WONDERFUL but are you gonna believe that?

Receiving some bit of info and imbibing its truth, feeling it resonate
throughout your bones into the knowing of your being...well,
that's pretty rare. But it can be done!

Its worth a try! Right!?

Awww go on...Give it a go.....
"Your voice is beautiful."
(pretend I'm saying this to you personally, like, you know, right now).


"Your voice..........................is...............beeeeutiful."



(Okay, what'd your 'head' spit back at you about that?)



"Your face, when you're singing is like an Angel!"
(How about that one in?)

"Your soul is showing and your voice seems to be weaving you
back together in a whole
new way!"

(How'd that go down?)

"When you sing that note I..I just want to CRY its so...I don't know.....
Gorgeously YOU!" (Try THAT one on.)

My point is...(... on the top of my head?)

...no no no..MY POINT is that hearing, from someone else who is listening or watching, how
beautiful we are, never quite...lands.
If, on the off chance, it does, does it stick?

Do we integrate it into all the other information we've gathered about ourselves
allowing it, by its elevated nature, to UPLIFT all the other crap we've taken on as "true" and self-evident?
Do we take that ultra positive with us for the rest of our lives?
Do we count on it as Truth in a pinch? ("But officer, I am really beautiful and wonderful and
sing like an angel...!!") ("Honey, I am a really beautiful vibration and I actually Love you and you do not need to yell.")
etc etc...lol( I could make these up all DAY!)

For what its worth, no matter who you are or what
your behavior has been lately.....You voice is already beautiful.

It is not a "part"of you...
its YOU!

You are not a "part" of Oneness.
You are IT!

So when You sing, who is singing?
(What is singing?)

Whyyyyyy is this relevant?
Might this perspective get us to relax the "doing it RIGHT" fist of Technique and
sing in a more natural way? While at the same time
enjoying that we've got technique and can CHOOSE IT ANYTIME?


Even if we're scared, contracted or both?

I am REALLY good at this job...I see the results everyday
and its pretty darn gratifying!
I mean, I love just singing a song, getting paid, getting applause (oh the glory)
And this, this conversation we're having (well, I'm having, I have no idea if anyone is actually having it with me.)...

...is just a tad more fascinating.


Thanks for the comments all!
Go see Julie and Julia
if you haven't already...it is very sweet...pun intended.

This is Divy Nelson for
The Singers' Daily
AustinVoiceLessons.com

ciao for now
PS: comments on FACEBOOK are fine as well! and THANK YOUUUU!

No comments:

Post a Comment